Saturday, May 23, 2009

I'm hooome!


Well, we finally did it. We finally went and picked up a cordless baby. We really like the mobility it provides.

Thursday night Cole was eating really well on his own so the nurse decided to let him eat what he could on his own and see how he did without being tube fed. Then later that night he pulled out the tube on his own so the nurse decided he was committed to the cause too and didn't put the tube back in. He continued to eat almost as much as they wanted to see and did continue to gain weight so they put him in a room with his parents, without help or monitors, and we proved capable of caring for him so, today we brought him home. He now weighs 5lbs 6 oz and is getting stronger every day. We're so glad to be a step further in this journey and feel so very fortunate that our little Cole is such a go-getter.

7 comments:

Brittany H said...

Yes!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!

Diane said...

I am so happy to see that dang tube out of his nose! See you little Cole in a few. Show your parents who's the boss.

Robyn said...

So exciting!!! Way ta go Cole!!!

Lindsey said...

Yay! I'm so glad he is home!

debbie said...

We are soooo happy for you all! HOME SWEET HOME! When can I bring dinner? I know your visiting teachers will be bringing some but I would like to also! Love you all...Aunt Debbie

Bree said...

That's so great!! Glad to hear such good news. :)

Unknown said...

what a little doll! glad he is home and doing well. love you three!!!