For over a week now Krysten and our little man have continued to defy the odds and have bought the little guy more much needed time with his mother. Her condition is progressing but not as rapidly as expected. It has been such a long, difficult week to keep watching and waiting for things to get worse. Krysten remains a P.O.W. of the hospital continuing her strict bedrest though she hasn't had to be hooked to the IV or monitors like before. At the beginning she was being monitored constantly with her blood pressure being checked every half hour. Since she has been so steady and slow with the progression of her condition they are only doing non stress tests and blood pressure readings every four hours or so, with other tests to check for damage to her kidneys and liver. They're also doing an ultrasound a week to get a good look at the baby.
Anyone who knows Krysten knows that asking her to remain on strict bedrest in the hospital for over a week now is torture. It would be torture for anyone but poor Krysten is the most active, hardworking, busiest little thing I know. She loves to stay busy on multiple tasks. So the bedrest might as well be waterboarding.
So we'll continue to worry and wait for the day when our little guy must be delivered and pray hard that he'll be well. I never realized the heartache people feel when their world is flipped upside down. My compassion and sympathy for others has grown so much recently. I've blissfully lived in ignorance most of my life. I hope we can experience the growth and learning we need to from this experience cause I don't want to have to re-take this test. We thank each of you for your prayers and concern for us. It means alot to know we are loved and prayed for.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through this, but so glad that things are going better than expected, considering. You are in our thoughts and prayers and we hope things start looking up for baby and momma. And Jared, you are quite the little writer. Your posts have been so sweet and heartfelt. Take Luck! :D
Post a Comment