Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hello Little Man


I need to post some newer pictures of our baby boy already. About the time I was posting the last pictures they were taking him off oxygen so you can see his little face now.


In this one you can see our little warrior earned himself a black eye


I was amazed today at how much better he continued to look after only a few hours between visits. Krysten hasn't been able to see him yet other than a couple brief moments in the delivery room, but she'll get to go see him tomorrow. But I was fortunate to spend lots of time today just watching him. I couldn't believe how much he looked like Krysten and I both! I realize that probably sounds stupid, he's OUR baby, but to look at him and see the resemblance to each of us was awesome. I just stared at him each time I went to see him. Tonight I even got to sit and watch his first bath and diaper changing. (keyword - watch) Krysten gave me a hard time for watching and not doing, but I was right there asking questions and learning, so it counts. I even got to hold him for the first time as the nurse changed his bedding. Wow, after such a difficult, heartbreaking, worrysome time we've had, today was rewarding beyond description.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! He is so handsome! He really does look like both of you!

Jensen Memories said...

Congrats!! I know that I have not met Krysten before, but please tell her congrats. Becoming a parent is the best thing ever!! Take care an enjoy this time.

Diane said...

I can't wait to see him and hold him and kiss him and spoil him like a good grandma should. We love him to pieces. Ava says "baby Cole" all the time and loves to look at his pics.

Brittany H said...

I am so glad that everything has turned out so well. He is beautiful! I hope he continues to do well and that Krysten recovers quickly.