On New Year's eve we went to Daniel & Jeanne's for munchies and games. It was fun and even Daniel got in on the game playing action. We played a card game called Wizard. Jared & Mary joined forces to try to extinguish my lead, but I still came out on top! Then on New Year's Jared & I, along with friend Jason and his boys, when to Rigby lake to go ice-fishing. Thank goodness we had a little hut to sit in because the wind was howling and bitter cold. Only Jason's son Wyatt caught a fish. Wyatt was keeping a record of how many minutes it took his fish to freeze and die...he said he set the world record with 14 minutes and still alive! We ended the day by going to IF to watch Will Smith's new movie, 7 pounds, with Mary & friend Holly...we all really liked the movie by the way. All in all we started 09' off with a bang!
Playing monopoly

Jared & Daniel were the last two standing. Daniel claimed victory

Here Caleb is being cute in his jammies. He plopped right down and posed for the camera. Luckilly my camera got a cute shot because it is so slow to take a stinkin picture!

Caleb would just start crawling up my back when I was sitting down so finally I gave in and gave him a piggy back ride


Jared leaning to look for fish...his leaning sometimes resulted in his bucket sliding out from under him and Jared on the ground, which I always found funny of course! It was neat because we could see clear to the bottom and the rainbow trout swimming by (that's right swimming by) because we didn't get to bring any home!


3 comments:
OK-The game playing and movie going sounds great, but what sounds fun about setting on a frozen lake, watching frozen fish swim by through a little hole! I think it would just be easier to go to the freezer section at the grocery store!!!
Wish you got video of Jared slipping off his bucket. You must really love Jared to agree to go ice fishing with him! Hopefully you'll have a little boy and then you'll get to sleep in your warm bed while the boys have some bonding time :)
Hey Krysten and Jared,
Congratulations on your coming arrival. :) Good to see you blogging! Krysten, I know we don't know eachother well, but I think blogs are a great way to do that from a distance.
Love,
Stephanie
Post a Comment