Sunday, February 1, 2009

One of those weekends

Oh geez- this weekend everything has been going wrong. First the dryer broke, which left me finding random places to hang dry all of our clothes around the apt. While Jared was trying to figure out the dryer I was doing some baking prep for the big game. I decided to check my ribs and pie crust and the coil in the oven was on fire- it looked just like a fourth of July sparkler! I was afraid the kitchen was going to explode and go up in flames!!! I yelled "JARED FIRE IN THE OVEN!!!" Jared got it to stop thank goodness, but now I'm out an oven. Jared and I thought our streak of bad luck was over until we got out of church and saw a flat tire. So now I am thinking about what all these things are trying to teach us...Jared and I were already stressed about finding plenty of work and covering the bills (being pregnant isn't cheap) before our eventful weekend. The lesson: Trust in the Lord. He will always provide sufficient for your needs. I thought that there are people who don't even have access to a oven, dryer, or car- and it has made me so much more aware of the blessings/opportunities/capabilities I do have and made be very grateful for each of them. We have always been able to make ends meet and I know it is because of paying a full tithe, living the gospel, and trusting in the Lord. On the way home from church I said, "What else is going could go wrong?!"...and I'd like to add for the record I've learned the lesson and don't need any more examples...please...

Here you can see the sparkler aftermath on the oven coil

What a nice husband I have to change my tire, even when it's freezing outside

At least we have these yummy and very creative sugar cookies from Nicole. Her secret to getting them so moist, fluffy, and thick...sour cream

2 comments:

Korey said...

Oh my goodness! How on earth did the oven catch on fire? How scary! Good thing Jared was there to help put it out. You're too cute taking pictures of everything that went wrong. Don't they say things usually happen in threes, so hopefully the streak of bad luck is over.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is the cookies look yummy! On the positive side-the dryer and oven went out while you were home-had you been gone you could have come home to a burned down apt. And if you're going to have a flat tire-the church parking lot is a good place. Could have been much worse if you would have had a blow out on the highway while driving. So-bad stuff happening-yes-but also I think you are thrice blessed!