Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Idahoan Paul Bunyan

Don't give Jared a saw because he turns into a tree monkey! That's right! We cut down a Christmas tree earlier today. We couldn't find one that fit our criteria until Jared spotted the perfect tree...top. In just mere seconds he scurried up the branches, sawed away, and then timber! Then as we were heading back to the truck Jared whipped out his pistol like a western gun slinger and shouted, "There's a den!", which was within pouncing distance of where I was standing. That's all I needed to light the fire under my heels. Jared wanted to investigate what kind of critter lived there, but I couldn't care less. Why don't I ever have my bear spray when I need it!?

Where's Waldo?

Jared makes this look good with his chilean alpaca hat

What score would you give that dismount judges?

Here we are and I couldn't be happier because warmth and saftey are just inches away!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow-Did Jared have to cut down the biggest tree in the state of Idaho? I know there had to have been smaller ones out there somewhere! Love Jared's hat-kind of looks like he has pigtails in the last one!

Greg & Mary said...

Well I must say I am not suprised. Why? Because Jared's first Christmas after his mission he did something very similiar...except the whole tree came down, at least this time he left most of it standing.

Chance and Laura Amador said...

haha i was JUST going to say what mary said! that was HILARIOUS! definitely one of my favorite tree hunting memories

Korey said...

Did he seriously cut the top off that tree? Poor tree. Nobody is ever going to want a tree with a stub for a top!

Bree said...

Way to go Jared! You're such an IDAHO BOY!! :D James talked me into cutting one down in the mtns too this year...but we didn't get so lucky, ours is anorexic!! It's so fun keeping posted on what you guys are up to!